What is YEP?
The Youth Employment Program (YEP) is an employment support program for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are finishing high school and looking for work or considering further education.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a Certificate III or higher, who are not supported by a job agency, can also be supported through YEP.
How can YEP help you
Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships (DATSIP) staff in your region can help you:
- with your choice of career
- link to job vacancies
- connect you to culturally capable services
- with pre-employment support such preparing resumes and for job interviews
- get support for any life challenges that make it difficult to find work
- access training opportunities.
Benefits of YEP
- find out about new career opportunities
- get support to find a job and start a career
- have a regular DATSIP contact to give you support and advice
- engage with other candidates through various social media networks to hear their journey into employment and/or further education.
It’s all in the preparation
To help you get started in your future career, or look into options for further education, DATSIP staff will support you with:
- interview tips and writing a resume
- resources that will help you discover the career that’s right for you
- identifying how to use your own networks to find a job
- taking the next steps in finding all types of careers, including traineeships and apprenticeships.